Monday, August 10, 2009

Where's the time?

I don't know how the pros do it. Seriously, they write screenplays, short stories, novels, and some of them still maintain a blog. Nuts.

Got a little pumped up after some recent emails and facebook correspondence with a writer buddy currently in Trinidad, (Hugh...post something here!) so here's another attempt at a blog entry. In fact, last night I came up with some more ideas about what I'd like TWIP to be and shared them with Hugh this afternoon. Waiting on his reply....

Anywho....looking back on that last entry kind of made me laugh. But all in all, I did stick with that plan I outlined there. I did however take a long detour in March, April, and May to work on my second script which is finally in GREAT shape. Actually, I think May and part of June were spent reading and recharging my batteries. After that, I started to re-outline my 3rd screenplay. I refuse to look at the original draft, and I gotta say, this approach is really working.

I've been half assed with my market research, but it's coming along. I'm hoping to start sending queries in September or October. And though my focus has been on features, I'm still hoping to go back to that TV pilot I wrote with Mark and today I found a great entry on Dead Things on Sticks which will have me glued to my laptop this week (and inspired the beginning of this entry) Check it out here.

Hopefully I'll be back sometime this week as opposed to nine months from now.

No comments: