Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What's this? Oh.... a blog.

Well, it's been a while, but with very good reason. The TV pilot was handed off to my partner, who still hasn't contributed to this blog or done any work on the pilot. My attention then went to scripts 1 and 2, both feature length. One is a caper/drama, the other a sci-fi drama. 99% of the last month was spent on script #1, where as 1 day was spent on #2. Why? 'Cause that's all the time I could afford in order to meet the Dec 1 deadline at Blue Cat. Blue Cat is a great way to get some feedback on your screenplay. While not as in depth as say, Coverage Ink, they're not as expensive and provide enough feedback to let you know if you're on the right track and even offer suggestions on how to strengthen the weak points. The other reason why I spent more time on the caper, less on the scifi, was because the caper needed more work, and I already had notes on how I wanted to revise it. The scifi script is something I've been working on for some time and I still need more time away from it (another month will do).

So now it's time for me to get some reading done, and take it easy for the month of December. And I plan to start messing around with script #3, which I haven't worked on in 2 or 3 years. I figure it's a page 1 rewrite and will use the next month to jot down ideas and outline whenever I feel like it. Then the work will begin in January. John August has a good post on how long it should take to write a script. After the learning process I took with writing the caper drama in a screenwriting class, I've found 12 weeks works for me. And that's with my measly 2-3 hours a night, 5 nights a week routine. Now if someone paid me to write so I could quit my job....

No comments: